Sandwich panels with metal faces (rigid) are used mainly for the following applications:
- Industrial and commercial construction: industrial and commercial buildings, shopping centre’s, general stores, airports, shopping centers;
- Residential construction: garage doors, house metal roofing, emergency and temporary houses, architectural panels
- Insulation : food chain (containers and trucks), cold stores, cold rooms, clean rooms, storing facilities for vegetables and food
The main difference compared to the flexible faced panels is the mechanical property that makes the panel a self-supporting element. The metal face can be with different materials depending on the final application: steel, aluminums, stainless steel, copper.
The following items make a complete and typical continuous plant:
- Decoiling section made with 2 or 4 decoilers, with the possibility to change the coil without stopping the line
- Flexible roll forming section that can make different panel shape, usually one line can make roof and wall at least; the change of production can be made by changing the roll forming stands or by using independent roll formers that move on rails
- Preheating of both the metal faces before foam pouring
- Metering unit and lay-down table for multiple components
- Double belt (continuous press), which length depends on the line speed and on the panel max. thickness to be produced
- Heating suitable for PUR or PIR foams
- Cut to length machine
- Handling section that may include a cooling table, turning system, stacking and wrapping of final bundles
The line can be equipped with several accessories and services like the bulk chemical storage, pentane storage, compressor and heating unit; Impianti OMS can supply the lines as a turnkey project.
Today the line control is quite advanced and includes a tele-service, used to monitor the line working and to make a diagnostic about any possible malfunction.
It may include a supervision of the line from one control station using different cameras along the line positioned on the more critical areas.
The production data (orders) can be downloaded from dedicated software controlling the complete factory logistic. This allows keeping under control several production data, like: consumption of the materials, wastes and second quality panels, line efficiency and so on.
OMS Group production range covers pre-fabricated panels for building purposes, …